NEWS&MEDIA > NewsPress Release
NEWS&MEDIA > NewsPress Release
 G-STAR Announces its All-star Line-up for G-CON x IGC Global Game Conference
RegDate : 2019-10-16
The Korean market is estimated to be worth $12 billion this year. G-STAR reveals how to break into that market with its knowledge-sharing conference G-CON in November, packed with talks from global games industry leaders
OFFICIAL G-STAR PRESS RELEASE
Busan, 14 October 2019 – There has never been a better time to start planning your trip to South Korea for the Far East’s gaming wonder of the world – G-CON.
On 14-15 November 2019 G-CON, held in collaboration with IGC (the Inven Game Conference), the G-CON Global Game Conference will open its doors at the Exhibition Centre 2,1st Floor Conference Rooms, Busan, South Korea with a star-studded line-up of global gaming talent. The honoured guests will share their knowledge on everything gaming from console and PC to mobile and cloud, on subjects covering marketing, monetisation, graphics, blockchain technology and more.
It truly is an astonishing line-up of famous game makers, artists and visionaries. These industry leaders rarely make appearances in Asia and G-STAR are extremely proud to announce this stellar line-up to delight the attendees with their insight and learnings from years of experience in the games industry. Among the amazing industry leaders to grace the stage on the first day will be representatives from some of the biggest global companies including Google, Supercell, Creative Assembly, Bungie and more, including the creators of such games as Castlevania, Borderlands 3, Total War and Destiny.
Tickets to this event cost just $70 USD and are available online up until 12 November, but spaces are filling up fast. If you have not got your ticket yet you can register here - https://www.gstar.or.kr/eng/conference/conf_pre_info.do
G-CON speaker highlights
With these sought-after speakers all in the same room, you are guaranteed to learn something. And with talks lasting an average of 40 mins you’ll get to hear more than just a few simple hints and tips. Sharing case studies, current trends in game design, game monetisation, esports, apps and company culture, there will be insight here to inform every professional...
▶ Jenova Chen, CEO - That Game Company [KEYNOTE]
- Hear from the indie team responsible for the stylish, classic adventure games Journey and most recently Sky: Children of the Light.
▶ Koji Igarashi, CEO - ArtPlay [KEYNOTE]
- Koji Igarashi will forever be remembered as the man behind the Castlevania series of games. His new company has created Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and he’ll be introducing it on stage.
▶ Janos Gaspar & Pawel Wojs Director - Creative Assembly [KEYNOTE]
- Janos and Pawel are responsible for the Total War series and the recent hit Total War: Three Kingdoms.
▶ Hilmar Veigar Petursson, CEO - CCP Games [KEYNOTE]
- CCP Games is a game studio from Iceland that developed EVE Online in 2003 and continues to maintain it to this day. Hilmar will discuss creating virtual worlds and how they are more meaningful than real life.
▶ Randy Varnell, Managing Producer of Narrative - Gearbox Software
- Randy Varnell is the Managing Producer of Narrative at Gearbox Software, the studio behind the new smash Borderlands 3. In this talk he will discuss the humour and how to get a team of writers working together to create a great story.
▶ Frank Keienburg, Game Lead - Supercell
- Frank has been working in the games industry for nearly 14 years. He was the lead developer on the worldwide smash hit Brawl Stars and will discuss the game in detail in this talk.
▶ Linda Fane, Senior Agility Lead - Bungie
- With four years at Bungie, the Organization Director of Destiny will speak on process agility and how that helped Bungie keep moving forward.
▶ Youngsoon Yang, Writer - Naver Webtoon
- Youngsoon Yang is the writer of Denma, a space opera about an intergalactic courier called Quanx. This webtoon is extremely popular in Korea and has been translated into Japanese and English.
▶ Daigo Sato, CEO - Odencat
- Daigo Sato is an indie game developer who created Bear’s Restaurant on iOS and Android. This talk is focussed on how to make mobile games that survive in today’s crowded marketplace.
▶ Mike Borras, CEO - Iron Mountain Interactive
- Iron Mountain Interactive created the free-to-play title Steel Circus and will be discussing their strategies for distributing their title globally to both Eastern and Western markets.
▶ Hyung Tae Kim, CEO - Shiftup
- Korean art director Hyung Tae Kim is famous for his designs, including the art for the War of Genesis series and Magna Carta. He now heads Shiftup which has new games in development - needless to say they look gorgeous.
▶ Ji Hwan Lim, Strategic Partnerships Manager - Google
- Ji Hwan Lim from tech giant Google will be sharing wisdom about monetising game apps.
▶ Nick Dorazio, Director of Strategic Content - Inven Global
- The author and esports expert introduces firm Inven Global and discusses the current state of the esports market in North America
▶ Patrick Rose, Founder - GAMES ANALYSTS
- Patrick Rose has years of experience working with AAA titles and will share that knowledge with attendees in this talk about game design, monetisation models and tech.
▶ Woo Jin Kang, Executive Director - Oracle
- Oracle has developed many cloud based systems including a Human Capital Management (HCM) analytics tool that can help to understand a company’s employees. Woo Jin Kang will explain how these tools can help game company growth.
▶ Bae Hyunjik, CEO - Nettention
- Bae Hyunjik is the CEO of Nettention and was the lead directing programmer of ProudNet - a game server and network engine for game developers. This talk will focus on the physiology of game server development for game producers.
▶ Gyoon Tae Kim, Founder - Hashed
- Hashed are becoming known as the masters of blockchain in Korea and in this session founder Gyoon Tae Kim will reveal the current state of the market and look at what the future holds.
▶ Michael Csurics, Founder - The Brightskull Entertainment Group
- Best-known for raising the bar in in-game dialogue and voice performance, Michael Csurics has worked on a number of titles, most notably Bioshock 2 and Just Cause 4.
That’s a stellar line-up of speakers with more to come. With so many great gaming minds in one place, can you really afford not to be there? For more information and a closer inspection of the speakers and their session talks take a look at - https://www.gstar.or.kr/eng/conference/conf_speaker_list.do
And There’s More! G-STAR: The Largest Gaming Exhibition in Korea
Before you plan your trip, you may want to extend your stay for a couple more days and check out what else is on offer at G-STAR. As part of your G-CON ticket you also get access to the b2c areas of G-STAR and this year’s event will be the biggest yet, with over 680 exhibitors in the huge 55,300m2 conference centre, featuring over 2,000 trade visitors from 42 different countries and over 230,000 gamers walking the floors. You’ll find all the latest games (online, mobile, arcade) in the game zones and can try upcoming titles in the Indie Game Pavilion.
There are also many opportunities at G-STAR if you want to do business in Asia. The b2b area is exclusively for industry key players, a relaxed space for doing business. This area features an International Pavilion, Network Lounge and a new and improved matchmaking system with its own dedicated app. This section of the conference requires a b2b ticket at the additional cost of $100 USD and this can be purchased online up to 31 October - https://www.gstar.or.kr/eng/part/gstar_btb_info.do
Notes For Editors: About G-STAR
Organized by the Korea Association of Game Industry (K-GAMES) and co-organized by G-STAR Organizing Committee and Busan IT Industry Promotion Agency, the G-STAR conference is “the best gateway to the Asian games market”. Launched in 2005, this annual South Korean computer and video game trade and consumer show is the one-stop, easily-accessible gateway to Eastern markets, and takes place annually in Busan, South Korea. With one of the most active and developed gaming markets behind it, the biggest players in publishing, development and investment gather at G-STAR every year, to do business and set the industry trends. Register now at https://www.gstar.or.kr/eng